Involving local communities
Homes England’s plans for Chalgrove Airfield have been shaped through comprehensive engagement with numerous stakeholders including local communities.
Through every stage of the planning and development process, we have engaged with the public and key stakeholders through events, consultations, newsletters, document sharing and team communications. This started with an Enquiry by Design event, and has continued with further discussion and consultation on our emerging plans. The consultation boards presented at the July 2018 consultation events can be downloaded here).
Homes England will work with a range of delivery partners to provide the homes, jobs and infrastructure needed. We have are already working with a number of providers to identify the necessary infrastructure for the development, and will continue to engage with different partners to ensure the vision to create a connected, active and diverse community at Chalgrove is realised.
The planning process for a development of this scale will include many opportunities for the public and stakeholders to have their say and contribute to discussions and conversations on the development. Key areas where you be involved include:
- Chalgrove Airfield Design Guide: A design framework has been submitted with our outline planning application, which sets out how we propose to provide more detailed guidance to inform the detailed (reserved matters) planning applications for the site.
- Public Realm and Traffic Calming Measures: To make the local areas more conducive to walking and cycling, Homes England has made a commitment to contributing towards traffic calming and public realm improvements. The type and scale of improvements will be developed in collaboration with local stakeholders and communities.
- Stadhampton, Chilsehampton and Cuxham Bypasses: Homes England is now progressing the detailed design of the two bypass alignments which followed a period of engagement with landowners and community consultation in 2019. Homes England will continue to engage with landowners and local communities as we progress the detailed designs, and the public will have the opportunity to hear about the plans at a future information event, and then comment on the planning application when it is submitted.
- Detailed (reserved matters) planning applications: At each reserved matters stage, the local community will have the opportunity to influence the final design of the development. We will involve the community ahead of any future submissions but there will also be the opportunity to engage as part of the formal planning application process.
Homes England will issue regular community newsletters to keep you up to date with our plans. These will be available below once the outline planning application for our development proposals has been validated by South Oxfordshire District Council
Local plan representations
South Oxfordshire District Council submitted its Local Plan to the Secretary of State on Friday 29 March 2019 in accordance with Regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 for Independent Examination. Homes England submitted comments during the Publicity Period of the Local Plan 2034, which took place between 7 January – 18 February 2019. They are available to download below. More information on the local plan is available here.
Further information the South Oxfordshire Local Plan can be found here
- Letter to SODC on the position of Martin-Baker Aircraft Company Limited (MBACL) – 0.1 mb
- Statement from Homes England on the postition on MBACL – 0.18 mb
- Resident invitation to drop-in consultations – 26 February 19 – 0.22 mb
- Technical Review and Assessment in relation to Redevelopment of Chalgrove Airfield_ Summary Report – 0.36 mb