SUPPORT FOR INFRASTRUCTURE
The offsite highways mitigation proposals, incuding bypasses through Cuxham, Stadhampton and Chiselhampton are suported by a transport strategy that aims to:
- Reduce travel distances by providing new, on-site, high quality local employment, education, leisure, community, social and retail facilities;
- Promote and enhance sustainable travel by encouraging people to cycle, walk and use public transport;
- Provide significant improvement to the local network to accommodate car travel and meet the needs of existing communities.
Homes England has also confirmed its support for the following areas as part of its proposals to develop Chalgrove Airfield:
- Public transport improvements to boost links between Chalgrove, Oxford and surrounding areas.
- Improved pedestrian and cycle links around Chalgrove.
- Measures to address HGV traffic, rat running and traffic flows around the Stadhampton, Chiselhampton and Cuxham
This letter to South Oxfordshire District Council contains more details.
A copy of the presentation given to councillors on Chalgrove Airfield can be found here.
Homes England continues to work closely with partners to determine exactly what infrastructure support is needed, and when.